Scope of the conference
The MNE Conference will address questions concerning micro and nano-fabrication and manufacturing employing lithography and other patterning related approaches, and the use of the resulting structures and devices for scientific research and technological applications. The themes will include:
Photon, Electron and Ion-Based Lithography
Chair – Emanuel Loertscher
- DUV, immersion, EUV, sources, optics, systems, mask technology, alignment, optical proximity correction, lithography modeling, throughput, novel techniques.
Electron and ion beam lithography:
- Sources, optics, systems, alignment, proximity corrections, e-beam mask writer, ion and electron beam surface interactions, focused electron beam induced deposition (FEBID).
Resists for beam based lithography:
- Resists, resist structures, resist processes.
- Inspection, testing, metrology and in-situ process measurements, devices and circuits, reliability.
Micro and Nano Fabrication Methods
Chair – Helmut Schift
Nano-imprint and soft-lithography:
- Stamp fabrication, processes and imprinting methods, applications, dedicated resists, systems, alignment.
Alternative patterning methods:
- Scanning probe techniques, 3D lithography, stencil lithography, ink-jet printing, novel fabrication methods, self-assembly and directed self-assembly, block copolymers, combination of top-down and bottom-up processes, surface nano engineering, nanomanipulation, integration of nano-objects, nanoscale modelling, molecular technologies.
Pattern transfer and plasma etching:
- Nanoscale etching, lithography/etching interactions, etching of new materials, novel etching chemistry, etch damage, deep etching, lateral etching, lift-off, pre-patterned substrates, plating, sputtering/milling, beam etching/deposition, modeling.
Micro and nano manufacturing:
- Scale-up and transfer to manufacturing, 3D printing, additive techniques, molding, rapid prototyping, multi-scale manufacturing
Micro/Nano Devices for Physical Sciences and their Fabrication
Chair – Michel Calame
- Nanoelectronics, single electron transistor devices, quantum dots and devices, nano-optics/nanophotonics, plasmonics, nanowire and nanotube based devices, photovoltaics, high density data storage devices, nanomagnetics, molecular devices, carbon nanotube and graphene devices.
Micro/Nano Systems and their Fabrication
Chair – Cosmin Roman
- MEMS, MOEMS, NEMS, Micro-Optics, RF-MEMS/NEMS, Surface and bulk micromachining, new materials, sensors and actuators, MEMS timekeeping devices, gas sensors, energy harvesters.
Micro/Nano devices for Life Sciences and their fabrication
Chair – Alexandra Homsy
Micro and nanofabrication of fluidic systems:
- Devices for biology, chemistry, medicine, micro-biodevices, biodetection devices, cell sorting devices, cell/micro-nanostructure interactions, neuronal devices, biochips and lab-on-a-chip, μTAS, BioMEMS, micro-nano fluidic devices for chemical analysis.
- Bionanomachines, bioassembly of nanomaterials, hybrid devices.